Wednesday 29 April 2020

Mini Album Card - Inspired by Paige Evans


Today's scrapbooking project is inspired by the talented Paige Evans. If you haven't seen any of Paige's makes before then you are in for a treat. If you also happen to have a Silhouette die cutting machine then you will definitely want to check out all of Paige Evans cut files on the Silhouette Design Store because they are perfect for scrapbookers and paper crafters!

To view how to make this album using Paige's cut file please see the following video:-


It is possible to make this mini album card by hand using a paper trimmer and scoreboard. You can then add any die cut shapes by running the album through your die cutting machine.

For this album I wanted to document my 30th birthday tea party and chose some floral papers that would work perfectly for this theme.

The papers I used were from Carta Bella's Farmhouse Market Collection.


I decided to use this type of album to scrapbook these photos because I just love all the little details. There is a section in the top right that folds out like an accordion album, a cute little envelope in the middle and a pocket towards the bottom left. Each of these elements allows you to add extra photos and journaling so that I could capture the day in one album,


I used both the front and back of the mini accordion album to include photos of my guests and also included excerpts from my speech about how I knew my guests and why I wanted them to celebrate with me on my birthday.




I used the mini envelope to include some more photos and excerpts from my speech. I used a Heidi Swapp stamp (Magnolia Jane Only You 313671) set to include some floral embellishment to the front.


I printed my journaling on some plain Bazzill cardstock that co-ordinated with the Carta Bella Farmhouse Market paper collection. The journaling cards measured 2" x 2", the same size as my photos.


The pocket at the bottom of the album also included some more photos of my guests, along with some tags and journaling cards.


Some other little details that I included was some back stitching around the die cut shapes and across the banners.


The clever thing that I love about this album is how the whole thing can fold flat (like a card!!) which means you can easily make this for someone and send it to them in the post.
To complete my album I just used some natural coloured ribbon to wrap round the album and tie a bow. 


Now I must warn you that once you have made one of these albums they do become quite addictive as I have already completed my second album and am looking at making a third!

For my second album I documented our day at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween party and instead of folding the album up, I decided to keep it flat and use it as a scrapbook page layout....

More details about that design in our next post....stay tuned!



No comments :

Post a Comment