Wednesday 20 January 2021

Valentine's Photo Pocket Cards


So it's only been 4 weeks since Christmas and I'm already thinking about the next seasonal holiday - Valentine's Day. With just over 3 weeks to go until this love fest day, I thought to myself that I need to start thinking of some Valentine makes. 

Rifling through my collection of die sets, I found this Tim Holtz Gift Card Bag and instantly had an idea. I was also hoping to find his Treat Bag thinlits die set, but unfortunately that isn't one I have in my stash, so may need to purchase...


I started by cutting the bag from kraft card and a light pink Bazzill Basics card stock. I then used the included alphabet dies that you get in the set to spell out some love phrases and hash tags. To make the lettering stand out I placed some black, white and pink card stock behind it to make it pop! Once you have finished the lettering you can then stick your bag together using the tabs.


To make the photo magnet cards, I just used a word processing program on my Mac and inserted a photo into the document (I used a website called FotoFlexer to tint the photo black and white before resizing). 
I re-sized and cropped the photo to approx. 5cm x 7cm and then added a slight border to make it look a bit like an Instax photo. I printed the photos onto regular glossy photo paper and then cut around my design. I then used some thin self adhesive magnet paper and cut it to the same size as my photos to stick on the back. To finish them off I used my Dymo label maker to add some "love"ly messages.


I initially thought that I might use these bags to put little sweet treats inside but once I had made them I soon realised that my treats would need to be quite flat to fit inside - I will be on the look out in case I see anything suitable!


For now though the magnets I created sit comfortably inside the pocket and also make a wonderful little present that your loved one can display on their fridge or notice board.


Remember Valentines Day isn't just for your boyfriends, girlfriends, fiancĂ©'s, husbands, wives - but for everyone in your life that you love and cherish. 
I don't want to forever be reminding you all about the year 2020, but it is times like that which really shine a light on the importance of sharing the love and showing appreciation for those who are special to you.

So this year, make a little effort....because it really will mean a lot to someone!

No comments :

Post a Comment