Monday 19 August 2013

Graduation Tea Party


Hi bloggers, final celebrations for my graduation from the University of Brighton occurred at the weekend and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than throwing a Graduation Tea Party.
Now, I love to put together a glorious food table, filled with tempting treats and decorated with beautiful flowers with black, white and pink accessories.


 Obviously my first point of inspiration came from Pinterest and I was determined to create some type of backdrop for the table as this was a common theme at many other parties. So I found a large bulk of fabric in the craft room perfect for such a job. I think it may have once been material for curtains or a duvet cover but this type of fabric found at our rag fairs is a great length for hanging from the ceiling.


Next I wanted to create some bunting that incorporated all the colour themes I wanted and would sit perfectly in front of the backdrop. The delicate lace detail at the top was created using a Martha Stewart border punch and has had many uses and is especially effective for bunting.

The final look of the dessert table was magnificent and I think everyone thoroughly enjoyed what was on offer.


Finishing touches to the table including food picks and serviettes rolled up into graduation scrolls really adds to the theme of the party and are so simple to make!


Extra details such as the mortarboard headband also finished off the look of the table, alongside photos of me at graduation and as a child. Who would of thought that little girl with the blonde hair in the picture would turn into the graduate I am today!


 The tea party wasn't only to celebrate my achievements but to also thank everyone who had supported me and helped me through the toughest three years of my life. Many Thanks to everyone who attended! I love you all!




No comments :

Post a Comment