Sunday 28 March 2021

Easter Egg Treat Boxes


We have another fun Easter idea to share with you today and this one involves up-cycling egg boxes!
Throughout the past couple of years I have saved images of up cycled egg boxes on my Pinterest page and hadn't had a chance to re-create this idea until now. Enrolling the help of my mum and sister I have been collecting egg boxes for the past few weeks so that I had enough for everyone I wanted to gift one to.


I started by painting the egg boxes inside and out in a range of pastel colours. Please see below for the paints I used:-

DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - Soft Blue
DecoArt Americana Acrylic Paint - White Wash


Once the paints had dried I found some Easter/ Spring papers that I already had in my stash. I used the original label from the egg boxes as a template and then cut out the paper and stuck it in place over the top lid of the egg box. I also used a small piece of the same paper to stick inside the lid of the box.


Now it was time to fill the boxes! I padded them out with a small bit of shredded paper and then I chose a couple of decorations (one you may notice from my ArtCuts decorations blog post) and the other is from a set of Easter egg decorations I picked up at The Range. Of course it wouldn't be Easter without a bit of chocolate so I included a range of chocolate treats that I picked up at Marks & Spencer and also a Lindt chocolate bunny. I topped off one of the chocolate egg nests with a little fluffy chick.


Once I was happy with the layout of the inside, I closed the box and wrapped some paper string around the box and added an Easter tag that I created using some Easter stamps and then inked around the edge and roughed up the edges to make it look a bit more shabby chic.


I decided to use a variety of papers and colours so that no two boxes looked the same!


On the inside of some of the boxes I also included the same stamped design as on the tag.


I am so chuffed with how these boxes turned out and I can't wait to gift them this Easter!

If you want to make some Easter egg boxes to give to loved ones this Easter, just empty out some egg cartons and grab some paint. Even if you don't have any papers to decorate them with, you could freehand your own decoration or just wrap some ribbon around - they will still look wonderful!

No comments :

Post a Comment