Tuesday 27 July 2021

Let's Catch Up...

So I'm a little bit behind on the second quarter of the year life update and resolutions review. I can't believe we are over half way through the year now. After a very slow start to the year, with the UK being in it's third lockdown, things have definitely sped up since we started coming out of lockdown at the beginning of April.

Married Life

So the first major life update is that me and Conor got married at the end of April! As you may have previously read in our last life update post, we both decided that we still wanted to go ahead with the wedding, even if it was on a much smaller scale than planned. If you haven't seen our Wedding Series blog posts from May then make sure you check them out here to see all of the handmade creations we made for our wedding. There will be a second part to this series once we have had our Wedding party in October!

Back to Working Life

Life has started to get a bit more back to normal with my return to work and the shops have definitely been busy! The good weather at the beginning of June, made lots of people come out to get a new summer wardrobe and the pace at work has definitely increased. More time at work, means less time to work on home projects or crafting!!! However I am trying to get my crafting mojo back this month....with a focus on Christmas do I dare say! More will be shared on that in our next blog post....

10 Years of Vintage Follie!

Back in June we celebrated 10 years of our Vintage Follie blog. If you haven't had a chance to read our blog posts from June then definitely check them out to see our top 10 blog posts from the past 10 years and also read about our 10 Year Anniversary road trip, where we visited Arundel and also a Crafts shop in Herstmonceux.

Days Out and Enjoying the Sunshine!

Over the past month, me and Conor have enjoyed some nice outings, including a birthday trip to Arundel, where we had a nice wander around the shops and also enjoyed a lovely walk around the gardens at Arundel Castle. We also enjoyed a lovely breakfast at The Wiremill Pub & Inn, which is located in Felbridge in Surrey. We rarely go out for breakfast and fancied ourselves a little treat last week and we didn't regret it. The pub is set on the edge of a beautiful lake and the view from our seat was beautiful, we will definitely be making another stop there sometime in the near future!

Hen Party Fun!

Last weekend I got to finally enjoy my Hen Party that had been long overdue (I'm now already married!) thanks to Covid! However with restrictions easing further and the want to not postpone it any longer, we decided to go ahead with it. The whole evening and theme of the party was a complete surprise to me and I was thrilled to find out a few hours before the party that it would be a Pirates of the Caribbean theme! This was hugely exciting as it was in keeping with the whole beach/nautical theme of the wedding and my mum and sister went to huge lengths to get the theming perfect. I will be sharing a whole blog post about the party at the end of the month so stay tuned for that! Here's a little sneak peek below of me in my pirate costume...

Resolutions Review

This section of the blog post is probably one of the reasons I've been putting off writing this post for so long. Since April, my resolutions for the year have all started to go by the whey side. Even in my last update I was starting to see the cracks showing as I wasn't quite sticking to them as I had hoped. However now that we have crossed the half way point of the year, I have decided to revisit some of these resolutions and bring them back to my attention to have another go!

Apart from last month, I had been successful in posting 4 blog posts a month and I hope to continue to do this for the rest of the year (I might even add an extra post in over the new few months to make up for June's lost post!).

Trying a new recipe each month may have not always been the case for the past quarter, however we did trial a HelloFresh box back in April and gained 5 new recipes which we have kept the recipe cards for and still pull them out today to make these recipes. You could say that those 5 recipes have covered me for 5 months of trying new recipes!! We also bought an Air Fryer recently which has inspired us to cook a few different dishes!

Since my day job involves being on my feet all day, the motivation to go for a walk 3 times a week has definitely petered out. Although the past week me and Conor have been looking after his family dog and we have had to adopt a new routine to take Eddie out for a walk twice a day. This has helped to re-motivate me and hopefully I will continue with some of these walks over the next few months!

In terms of donating to a different charity each month, I have been a bit forgetful. Instead of donating online I have recently given donations in person. Back in May, we visited the Seal Sanctuary whilst we were away in Cornwall and made a donation while we were there. I have also had a bit of a fascination with shopping in charity shops recently and have found a few nice pieces, donating to St. Catherine's Hospice and British Heart Foundation. 

The one resolution I had completely achieved throughout the first quarter of the year was writing my daily diary. However June and July became such busy months that I pushed the diary to one side and didn't bother writing in it. Since doing that I have become less organised and felt a bit more anxious and stressed as I found the diary a good way to review the day and write my feelings down etc. So since the beginning of last week I have picked up my diary again and have started writing....feels good! I have also recently purchased a couple of self help books I found in The Works about Anxiety and Worry. I have struggled with worry and anxiety on and off for the past few years and often find these books can be helpful in breaking down the problem and finding effective ways to cope with these issues.


Links to the books are below...


Finally, as you may have noticed, we still haven't launched our Etsy shop yet...initially I said June...I'm now going to say September. Fingers crossed!

So that's our little life update for the second quarter of the year, we hope we can share a few more creative makes with you soon, especially now that the holiday seasons will soon be upon us. We hope you are all finding some time to be creative and are enjoying the sunshine when you can!

No comments :

Post a Comment