Wednesday 4 July 2018

To the One I Love Birthday Card


My crafting mojo is back and I have definitely been working on a variety of projects over the past few weeks. There is no better way to get me going then when a birthday rolls around, especially when it's the closest person to you!

As a crafter I always feel shameful when I run out of time and have to give a shop bought card rather than making something unique and personal. And when cards are so cheap these days (thanks to the likes of one particular card retailer) it can be so tempting to pick one out. I was very close last week when on the hunt for a card for my boyfriends birthday and was browsing the boyfriend section when a sudden shot of inspiration hit me.

After recently using the Tim Holtz Pocket Frame die set in my Journal Album workshop (spaces still available) I decided to use that as the focus of my card. 



I edited the photo using the "Bling black and white" setting on my LG Pocket Photo app which helped transform an ordinary photo into something more special.

The papers I used were from the First Edition Beyond the Shore paper pad which I then decorated with some punch out stars.

The Happy Birthday sentiment added a beautiful hand script element to the card and is from the Hero Arts Birthday Messages stamp set. I used my beloved Dymo Junior label maker to create the "To the One I" tag line. The "Love" part of the sentiment has been created using a Sizzix die (I apologise I can't remember the name of the set but I think it is a retired die set).

I have recently rediscovered a love for making cards again so I hope to share a few more card designs in the near future. I hope this card provides you with a little inspiration and I think this design is a fantastic way to share photos with loved ones and make your cards more personal.

No comments :

Post a Comment