Tuesday 9 June 2020

Vintage Fabric Scrapbook Album


Today we are sharing a project that has been ongoing for quite a few years. This fabric scrapbook has become a casual project that I have enjoyed coming back to when I feel like adding to it. 
To make this album I used some pieces of calico as a base for my pages and cut them approx A4 size so that when they are folded as pages the album is approx. A5 size.

This album is a great way to use up old pieces of fabric and scrap bits of lace. As a non experienced sewer I mainly attach everything together in the album using either a little bit of fabric glue or using basic hand stitching to hold pieces in place.



I created some backgrounds on my pages using stencils and Tim Holtz Distress inks. I also used paints to create some texture and then added some extra design detail using rubber stamps.

The pockets were created using pieces of calico with added lace detailing.


As you can see from above, some pages are still a working progress even after this many years but I know when I feel like it I can come back to these pages and add some more detail or some photos.



To add photos to my album I decided to print them on some fabric paper first so that they could be stitched in place and fit seamlessly into the scrapbook.


I used a mixture of vintage style rubber stamps, including stamp sets from Oxford Impressions, Paper Artsy and Tim Holtz.



On some pages I've used lots of small pieces of lace and fabric scraps and joined them together.



The back of the book just shows the different layers of lace and fabric used on the scrapbook album cover.


The best part about creating these type of projects is that I don't ever feel like I can go wrong. Just keep adding as much detail as you want until you achieve the design you want. Have a rifle through your stamp stash and pull out any vintage imagery and words and just start stamping them onto pieces of calico. You can then simply cut around them and add them to your pages.

I've still got a few pages that I can add to....whenever I feel like it!


No comments :

Post a Comment