Wednesday 3 June 2020

Mini Concertina Album - Inspired by Paige Evans


We have another fabulous scrapbooking project to share with you today that has been inspired by Paige Evans again! Following on from our previous posts of how to make a Mini Album Card; this project is quite a similar concept and it's all made from one piece of 12x12 cardstock!

To find out how to make this album please view Paige Evans video below:-


This is such an easy tutorial and once you've got the basic shape you can get to embellishing with your papers, photos, stickers and ephemera!

I decided to use some papers from the Simple Stories Say Cheese 4 collection and also got some puffy stickers to embellish my album. The photos I used were from a trip to Disneyland Paris back in 2017. I originally was going to make another mini album card but decided I needed a different album challenge so found this make on Paige Evans YouTube channel.


The album has a concertina style and can sit on a surface like a fan before you pull either end to stretch out the album.


The centre of the album is adhered together to make a pocket which you can include some journalling cards in.


I decided to type some journaling and print it onto the Simple Stories Say Cheese cardstock and included a list of 'favourites' from our trip. I finished the top of the journaling cards off with a small tab using the We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 punch board.


I added some stamp detail using a small set of Altenew stamps that included 'arrival' and 'departure' designs. This is a great way to include your travel dates into your albums. I then used some puffy stickers from the Say Cheese collection to decorate around the sides.



I decided to cut all my papers and photos to 4.8cm x 4.8cm (approx. 1-7/8 inches) so that once they are adhered in place there is a small white border around each piece.


I added some printed cardstock to the front and back of the album and used a piece of yellow twine to tie the album together.

This is a fantastic album to make if you have a spare morning or afternoon and because it's only made using one piece of 12x12 cardstock the outlay is minimal. You could use up scraps of paper to decorate your album and find some pieces of ephemera and embellishments in your craft stash to decorate!

No comments :

Post a Comment