Tuesday 28 June 2011

A Little Insight

So what do we make with all this vintage ephemera and fabric? Well I thought it was time that we gave you a little insight into the types of things that we make to give you a flavour of our style. Mum makes a lot of different items for the home using the vintage fabric, such as peg bags, door stops, shopper bags, cushions,  bunting and noticeboards. Whereas I tend to focus on a lot of handpainted items for the home, including trinket boxes, mirrors, photo pegs and also notebooks and journals. I like to give a romantic vintage style to my painted items, drawing inspiration from a romantic prairie style.
Here are a few examples of the different things we make, hope you enjoy!




I also like to try my hand at card making and below is an example of the type of cards I create.
I use stamps by Oxford Impressions and Tim Holtz in a lot of the cards I make and in a future post, you will get to learn how inspirational Tim Holtz is in our lives. He is the reason why I am craft mad and he really got me to think about things in a whole new light.

I have to say we do dabble in quite a few different materials and ideas because we love to learn new techniques and experiement with different textures, which is why our stock can change quite regularly depending on an idea we have or inspiration from something that we have found. Unfortunately we don't sell any of our products online yet, we just mainly stick to craft fairs and have a few coming up nearer the end of the year.
Well I hope some of these pictures have tickled your tastebuds for more of our vintage style and we will keep you posted when any of our craft fairs are coming up.
Until next time......
Sue & Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment