Friday 5 February 2021

Dear Valentine....


We have already made it into February and I literally don't know where the time goes! With only 10 days to go until Valentine's Day, I will be continuing to share with you some inspirational makes to get you crafting this Valentine's Day.

So today's post is about Valentine cards and I have three designs to share with you this year, all of which I will be using...


So starting with the largest of all the cards, and I'm sure you will guess who this is for! As you may have noticed throughout most of the blog, I love to incorporate photos in a lot of my makes and especially for special occasions. So I couldn't resist adding some photos to this card! I cut out some photo frames (Marianne Design Photo Frames Die Set COL1388) from coloured card stock and then arranged on the front of a square card. I added a little bit of Tim Holtz Distress ink around the edges, but nothing too bold. I then finished the card by adding some Valentine words using my Dymo Label Maker and also some little heart confetti.


This adorable little card was definitely fun to make and really quick and easy! For the background of the card I just simply added some paint splats using a metallic pink watercolour paint and flicked the brush a few times. 
I then used a circle die cut that came included in a Tim Holtz die set (Tiny Travel Globe 664182) to cut a circle from the front of the card. I then added one of the co-ordinating Sizzix Dimensional Domes 663599, filled with die cut hearts, and positioned this through the hole, layered onto some Valentine card stock. To finish I added a die cut phrase.


The final card I made is super quick. I created the background using the same technique as above. I then cut out a small faceted heart from Tim Holtz Faceted Heart 664156 die set using pink metallic card stock. Once I had stuck all the tabs together to create the heart shape I stuck it in the centre of the card and added a stamped phrase underneath.

Making cards for you loved ones needn't be a long and complicated process. Sometimes the simplest of designs can be the most effective!

Happy crafting!

No comments :

Post a Comment