Thursday 11 February 2021

Valentine Mini Treat Bags


These adorable mini treat bags are the perfect way to treat your loved ones to some sweet treats this Valentine's Day. Now when I say mini I do mean miniature size - these bags measure 6.5cm wide by 8.5cm tall and the gusset is just over 1.5cm. So when you are thinking of your sweet treat to include inside you may need to think small - but that's all part of the fun!


To make these bags, I used the Tim Holtz Treat Bag (663096) die set. This die set includes the die to make the treat bag as well as a full alphabet with numbers, a heart, a star and grammatical icons. In a similar way to how I made the Valentine's Photo Pocket Cards, I die cut some words using the alphabet to create some Valentine phrases on my bags. I then used some plain coloured card stock behind the words to make them pop!


On one of the bags I used a "Love" die cut circle from the Tim Holtz Christmas Circle Words (664205) die set and then used some plain coloured card stock behind the word to make it stand out.


On my final bag I decided to cut out a heart shape from the treat bag and then backed it using some acetate so that the recipient can see the treats through the bag.

The treats that I used ranged from chocolates to mini biscuits, such as the mini Jammy Dodgers - a perfect little treat for Valentine's. For these biscuits I put them in a small cellophane bag and sealed them in using a small piece of tape. I also used cellophane bags to put some chocolate buttons in and tied the top with some twine before putting it in the treat bag.

These bags would also make great favours for parties or weddings and are easy to decorate or die cut shapes from like I did. To seal some of the bags at the top I used a small hole punch and threaded through some coloured twine. 

No comments :

Post a Comment