Saturday 29 May 2021

Wedding Series 2: Starfish Buttonholes


To co-ordinate with my beach theme bouquet, we needed to create some buttonholes that reflected the same theme. From ideas I had seen on Pinterest, I knew I wanted the main feature to be a starfish with some decoration included behind.

We used the same starfish from the bouquet which were sourced from Amazon. We also got the buttonhole backs from Amazon - these were actually leftover from my sister's wedding, back in 2015.

We used some ribbon to wrap around the buttonhole back and this was dyed with Tim Holtz Alcohol ink in Tranquil so that it matched the same blue in my bouquet.

We used the same beading that was used in my bouquet, which had also been dyed with the same alcohol ink. We then finished off the buttonhole by including a shell at the top, which was from our own stash.


I think these buttonholes matched in brilliantly with my bouquet and made the perfect groomsmen accessory for the wedding. Of course we made enough for the men in the family, so everyone co-ordinated with the theme (apart from Eddy the dog)!

No comments :

Post a Comment