Thursday 13 May 2021

Wedding Series 2: Save The Dates


Welcome to the start of a new Wedding Series on the blog, where we will be sharing some inspiration on lots of different wedding makes, including invitations, buttonholes, bouquets, table decorations, favours and more! This series will be split into two parts, with some posts in May and then the rest will be in November (after our wedding party - don't want to give away too many sneak peeks!) If you haven't already read our first Wedding Series on the blog, then make sure you check it out here. In the first series, I recapped a lot of wedding makes we created for my sister's wedding back in 2015.

So let's kick start this series with the Save The Dates...


So before I even got to the designing phase, I needed to come up with a theme for our wedding. The Save the Dates are an introduction to your wedding for your guests and are also a sneak peek into what the theme will be. We decided for our wedding that we wanted a beach/seaside theme which gave me plenty of scope to play with!

I often start researching ideas by looking on Pinterest and Etsy to see what kind of things I could come up with. We liked the idea of giving our guests something like a magnet or a badge that they could put up somewhere to remind them to "save the date".


In the end we decided to go for a magnet that our guests could put on their fridge (or anything magnetic). I played around with a few different ways of creating the magnet but in the end I ordered some clear plastic badges from Amazon and then simply took off the pin at the back and stuck a disc magnet on the back. The clear badges allow you to put your own design inside, so I therefore designed the text of the badge on the computer and cut them out using my Silhouette die cutting machine. I left enough room between "Tying the Knot" and the date at the bottom so that I could add a stamped image of a rope. I stamped this using a clear embossing ink and then used some gold embossing powder.


I designed the backing card in a similar way, by designing the text on the computer and then once printed out I added some stamped starfish and sand dollar designs to the top of the card and embossed them. Once they were all complete, I just used a small sticky dot on the back of the magnet to adhere to the card.


 Stay tuned this month for more wedding inspiration in this series, including invitations, bouquets and buttonholes...

No comments :

Post a Comment