Wednesday 3 November 2021

Wedding Series 2: Beach Shell Place Cards


The second part of our Wedding series is back! Our wedding celebration took place at the end of October and it was lovely to finally see the results of our labour over the last few months. 

To kick things off we are featuring the Wedding place cards today, which were inspired by the main Wedding invitations. We had used a shell die cut on the front of the invitations and when I was making the invites, I knew these shells were going to come in handy again when it came to making the place cards.

The shell die cut is from the Tim Holtz Seashells Bigz die (662706). The die also includes a corresponding embossing folder so that you can add detail to the shells once you've cut them out. 

Before I cut any shells out, I first needed to print our guests names on some textured white card stock. I measured the size of the shell and then used my computer to make a text box that is the same size. I then used a script font for each guest name and made sure it was centred in the middle of the box.

Once these had printed, I cut each box out and then lined this up over the shell die cut to cut it out. I then used the embossing folder to add the shell detail.

To finish the shells off I used a gold mica paint (Finetec Coliro Pearlcolors Vintage Set) and an ink dabber to gently add some gold around the edge, helping to add a touch of elegance. 

A simple but effective way to add our guest names to the tables, reflecting our beach themed wedding perfectly.

No comments :

Post a Comment