Monday 17 June 2013

Time to create


So today the weather has brightened up a little bit. After a very wet beginning to the day we headed down to Falmouth for a bit of shopping and did not necessarily pick up any vintage bargains but a few odds and ends that we thought we needed. I found a great Vintage Wedding Ideas book which will be perfect when planning a certain sisters wedding and also as ideas for party favours for perhaps a future in the party planning business. On our way back we popped into The Range in Truro as we don't have one of these shops close by to us in Crawley so made the most of it. I bought a fantastic mirror and I have plans to use it as a photo-booth set up for my Mardi Gras vintage party, simply just going to take out the mirror and hang it in the garden and at £19.99 I couldn't resist. I will share pictures of the mirror at a later date, just think antique and ornate!

So what have we been creating on our holidays I hear you asking............

Well mum has been focusing on making some vintage cuffs, using calico as a base and then layering up lace and different bits of fabric with jewellery and fabric flowers as embellishments.

 
                                   

Mum has also been playing with some Media Mixage products by Spellbinders using ice resin to fill up jewellery findings with many different embellishments. The resin does take about 24 hours to completely set but it looks so good when its finished.
        
                                   

So far I have created another jewellery trinket for a workshop I have coming up in Hobbycraft on Friday 12th July (more details will be on the blog next week, but I am taking bookings now, just send me an email). This time I have used a picture of myself and my lovely sister with a simple paper background with a few jewellery charms to decorate.

                                   

                                   

Well that's it from us for now but I will be back with some more stories of our retreat around Cornwall.
            

No comments :

Post a Comment