Sunday 4 August 2019

Let's Recap.....


Hi bloggers......

so after looking at my blog quite closely for the past few months I found that over the past 3 years (2016 - 2019) I have a total of 17 blog posts......what can I say....life took over and unfortunately the blog got pushed to the whey side. But hopefully this is the beginning of a new chapter of more frequent posts, not just about crafting but what goes into our Vintage Follie life.

Recently I have been inspired by the vlogs of a nearby craft company called CS Get Crafty. They are also a mother and daughter team and after watching the ins and outs of their lives, including craft makes, workshops, craft retreats, trips and days out I decided that I wanted to be more inclusive from now on. If you haven't checked out CS Get Crafty, make sure you stop by their website and check out their workshops which are based in Brighton.

Even though our blog posts have been few and far between we have still been organising some craft workshops, some of which I have posted about but I often failed to recap on the day or missed it out completely.

So over the next few weeks I am launching a REWIND series to recap on craft makes, retreats and jumble sales that I failed to write about at the time. Thank goodness I still took photos with the intentions of coming back to the blog at a later date. So get ready for an inspirational couple of weeks (or month - there is a lot to share!) to see what craftiness we have been up to since 2016!

Before I finish up this post I thought I would give you a brief update on some life changes that have also occurred......

So since 2016 I have met the love of my life...Conor..who also proposed to me in June this year and we are now happily engaged!! (another wedding series on the blog may occur!)


I've travelled to some beautiful and vibrant cities including Rome and New York. 


I've changed jobs twice in one year - have I found my dream job? - not by any means....but it allows me to be creative with installing window displays and helping out with visual merchandising. Plus it reminds me of my favourite UK destination everyday....Cornwall!
who knows...another career change could be on the cards in the future. 


I have a favourite little girl in my life after becoming an auntie at the end of 2017, who has also featured in a few craft makes over the past year.


In March 2018 I organised my first Craft Jumble Sale in Crawley. After me and mum had a mass clear out of the craft room I was looking for somewhere we could successfully sell our second hand craft items but I couldn't find anything that was frequent enough in the area. So after asking a few other crafters what they thought of the idea of a Craft Jumble Sale I found myself organising one in our local community hall. It was a huge success and after having organised two more sales since then, I think we can say it's been a mighty success. For further information about our Craft Jumble Sales head over to the Craft Jumble Sale Crawley Facebook page for details of our next sale.


The biggest change came last year when I moved out from my childhood home and bought my first house - this has kept me unbelievably busy since the end of last year. Also spending less time around mum has also inhibited both our desires to craft so we try to make the most of days we can spend together in the craft room.


Finally October last year saw me turn the milestone of 30 years old - so cheers to the next decade of my life with many exciting times ahead.

So there's my life update in a nut shell and the reasoning for us being a bit AWOL over the past 3 years but I'm hoping from this post on we can get back to providing more inspiration, crafty goodness and more regular updates on our Vintage Follie life.

No comments :

Post a Comment