Sunday 18 August 2019

REWIND SERIES: Traveller's Mini Photo Album


On Day 2 of our Ilfracombe craft retreat we designed a miniature album project which our guests could use to fill with photos of their trip or perhaps save it for a future travelling adventure!


I designed this album to be a miniature accordion style so as you opened the album at the top, it would expand like an accordion so that you can access each miniature photo card and pull it out of the slots.


I added some tabs to each photo card by punching out small circles and folding them in half over the top of the card. I used Tim's miniature stapler to hold these in place. This helps make the photo cards easy to identify and pull them out of each slot.


The album is held together using magnetic discs on the flap of the album. I also added a nautical gold button to the flap for extra decoration.


I finished off the front of the album by adding a stamped postcard image and added some twine with a camera charm attached to the front. We also die cut some words from Tim Holtz's Handwritten Vacation die set and decided to use the word 'Travel' on our sample album.

This is such a cute photo album that can easily fit in your bag if you wanted to share photos from your trip with friends and family.
As you can see from the photos above it is an album I am still yet to fill with my own photos but once I do I'll put another post up to show you the finished result! 

No comments :

Post a Comment