Monday 12 August 2019

NEW WORKSHOP: Memory Village


We have a new and exciting workshop coming in September called Memory Village.

This cute project uses the Artful Dwellings Bigz L die by Tim Holtz. I managed to source this die from Ebay about 2 months ago as unfortunately this die is now retired. I knew as soon as I got it that I wanted to use it for a workshop project.


The houses are die cut from chipboard and I cut two each of each house so that they could be layered together for extra stability. This also enables you to join each house together, sandwiching the tape in-between the houses.

Each house is covered with a decoupage paper in a newsprint design and I used Tim Holtz Vintage Distress Collage Medium to adhere the paper to the chipboard. This helps tint the colour of the backing paper for a vintage effect.


Once the collage medium had dried I added some paint to two of the houses and just applied this using my finger and then rubbing off the excess paint using a dried baby wipe. Once my backgrounds had been created I then had fun adding pieces of ephemera from the Tim Holtz Ephemera Pack Snippets and Tim Holtz Layers Botanical. I also added some pieces of vintage lace to add a contrast of texture to each house.

I added some stamped imagery using a variety of floral, bird and stitching stamp designs. Finally I finished off each house using some Tim Holtz Chit Chat stickers and also Tim Holtz Clippings stickers. I also added a little splatter of paint to each house.


To join the houses together I used a brown paper tape and cut small pieces that I backed together. I then glued these in place, sandwiching them in between the two pieces of chipboard.

This project was so fun to make and is definitely a great gift idea leading up to the festive season. These home decor pieces look great on a shelf of a bookcase and are a creative way to display your favourite photos.

For more information about the workshop and how to book please click here.

No comments :

Post a Comment