Thursday 29 August 2019

REWIND SERIES: Vintage Canvas Collage Workshop


We have another workshop recap to share with you today and this one is for a fab piece of home decor and again has so many possibilities for creating great keepsakes and presents for friends and family.

For this project we used the Tim Holtz Burlap panels which come in two different sizes. Our guests had the option of making one 6" x 8" panel or two 6" x 4" panels.
When creating this panel I followed Tim's example that is included on the back of the packaging for the 6" x 8" panel, that way I knew each piece would fit comfortably. Designing the 6" x 4" panels was a bit more challenging but I soon found a layout that worked.


Once I had cut the chipboard pieces to size I then cut out some patterned papers to fit each piece and create subtle backgrounds to each tile.


I embellished the panels with some Tim Holtz Idea-ology embellishments, including the miniature pocket watch, metal arrow, and a metal ornate frame. I also used the Tim Holtz Adventure Words: Block and Tim Holtz Friendship Words: Block die sets to add some typography and meaning to each canvas.

I decided to design my canvasses to create a keepsake of some wonderful holidays that me and Conor have been on to Rome and Disneyland Paris. I added some of my own embellishments that I had collected on these trips to make each canvas a bit more special.


So how did our guests get on.....? Let's have a look at their creations:-

Pauline

Mags

Becky

Linda

Chris

I think you'll agree each canvas looks great and I really love this part of recapping these workshops. Just looking back on the photos of what each person made brings a smile to my face. I love seeing how each person takes each element and puts their own little spin on it to make it more personal to them.
I'm sure these canvases are displayed in a prime location in their homes so they can admire their handiwork!

No comments :

Post a Comment